Posted by Anonymous on Wednesday, April 17, 2013 at 8:17am.
How many ways can 3 students be chosen from a class of 20 to represent their class at a banquet? (1 point)
15. You and 3 friends go to a concert. In how many different ways can you sit in the assigned seats? (1 point)
16. You own 5 pairs of jeans and want to take 2 of them on vacation. In how many ways can you choose 2 pairs of jeans? (1 point)
- Math - Anonymous, Wednesday, April 17, 2013 at 8:25am
i think the answers are
- Math - Reiny, Wednesday, April 17, 2013 at 8:37am
choose 3 from 20
= C(20,3) = 1140
Assigned seats ---> order matters, so permution of 4
= 4x3x2x1 = 24
(you were right)
choose 2 from 5
= C(5,2) = 10
(the order you select your jeans does not matter)
- Math - Vhahangwele, Monday, April 29, 2013 at 1:55pm
My answer is A
- Math - Grace, Monday, April 20, 2015 at 4:40pm
My question was: "How many students can be chosen from a class of 16 to represent their class at a banquet?"
If you could give me the answer, I'd be thankful.
- Math - Uh, Tuesday, April 28, 2015 at 4:23pm
Wrong wrong and somewhat wrong!
Answer this Question
- Math - How many ways can 3 students be chosen from a class of 16 to represent ...
- math - How many ways can 3 students be chosen from a class of 16 to represent ...
- math plz help Irving - How many ways can 4 students be chosen from a class of 12...
- Combinations and Permutations, Steve and Ms. Sue☺ - 1. Solve: 6C3 **120 ...
- 7th Grade Math Ms. Sue! - Use the information below to answer questions 1–5. You...
- Math - A teacher is choosing 4 students from a class of 30 to represent the ...
- Math - Mr. Jefferson has 20 students in his class. He wants to send 4 of these ...
- Algebra 2 - A teacher is choosing 4 students from a class of 30 to represent the...
- math equation - At east end middle school, twice as many students study spanish ...
- math - â€¢You and three (3) of your friends were in the same advance placement ...