Posted by Jnr John on Tuesday, April 16, 2013 at 11:40pm.
After knee surgery, your trainer tells you to return to yuor jogging program slowly. He suggests jogging for 12 minutes each day for the first week. Each week thereafter, he suggests that you increase that time by 6 minutes per day. How many weeks will it be before you are up to jogging 60 minutes per day?
Math>> Help!! - Reiny, Tuesday, April 16, 2013 at 11:55pm
looks like an arithmetic sequence
a = 12
d = 6
term(n) = a + (n-1)d
60 = 12 + (n-1)(6)
48 = 6n-6
54 = 6n
n = 9
Math>> Help!! - bobpursley, Tuesday, April 16, 2013 at 11:56pm
number weeks= 48/6
Math>> Help!! - Reiny, Tuesday, April 16, 2013 at 11:58pm
go with bob's answer
I did not read the question carefully
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- maths - 1.you visit thr Canyon and drop a penny off the edge of a cliff. The ...
- Algebra 1 - To train for a race, Will begins by jogging 11 minutes one day per ...
- math - Sales exercised by stretching and jogging 5 days last week. a.He ...
- BCU - Participants in an exercise program gradually increase the time they ...
- math - Rosy has been jogging for 3 weeks. In the first week She jogged 3 days ...
- Math - Linda jogs every 3rd day and swims every 4th day. If she is jogging on ...
- Math - Am having trouble figuring out how to work this problem. We are currently...
- mathematics - the clarkes son suggests that they rent a car that costs $250 for ...
- Math - Lani, Sue, and Jill begin jogging around a quarter-mile track at the same...
- algebra - Assume a 125 pound person burns 150 calories after 15 minutes of ...