1. Density is the relationship between ____. (1 point)
mass and volume
cubic centimeters and pounds
weight and volume
grams and mass
2. Which of the following is NOT a possible sign of a chemical change? (1 point)
a change in state
a change in color
the release of a gas
the release of energy
3. Which of the following is true about an object that floats in water? (1 point)
The object is less dense than frozen water.
The mass of the object is less than that of water.
The density of the object is less than that of water.
The volume of the water is greater than the object’s volume.
4. Three examples of physical change are ____. (1 point)
boiling water, a nail rusting, and a melting candle
a pond freezing, breaking glass, and a burning candle
melting ice, mowing the lawn, and carving a statue
applying lipstick, making lemonade, and baking bread
5. Suppose a customer brings a gold bracelet to a jeweler and asks for it to be changed into a gold ring. Which of the following is true? (1 point)
The physical property of color will be changed.
The bracelet will go through a chemical change.
The composition of the bracelet will change.
The shape of the gold will change physically.
6. Which of the following explains how water causes rocks to weather? (1 point)
Water can melt rock material.
Water freezes in the cracks and expands, causing breaks.
Water reacts with the rock and produces gases.
all of the above
7. How can you tell that the fireworks exploding during a Fourth of July display do not all contain the same ingredients? (1 point)
different colors of explosions
different shapes of explosions
different timing of explosions
all of the above
8. Which of the following explains why the chemical products from a reaction have a different mass than the chemicals at the beginning? (1 point)
The products are heavier and sink.
The products are lighter and rise.
The products are a gas and escape into the air.
The products are a solid and have more mass.
Fill in the Blank9. The main difference between physical and chemical changes is that _______ changes are not reversible. (1 point)
Note: Your teacher will grade your response to ensure you receive proper credit for your answer.10. Explain how color can be classified as both a physical property and as one indication of a chemical change. (3 points)
Science Cheat - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, April 16, 2013 at 12:52pm
Do you really think we're going to give you the answers and cheat you out of the education you're paying for?
Science - HELPMEASAP!, Tuesday, April 16, 2013 at 12:54pm
Im not trying to cheat, I have a severe concussion and cant really remember it
Science - Hee Mi Pong Yo, Tuesday, April 16, 2013 at 12:54pm
This is easy indeed
Science - HELPMEASAP!, Tuesday, April 16, 2013 at 1:32pm
Its not! can some one pleeaseeeeee help me :(
Science - HelpIsHere, Wednesday, April 17, 2013 at 6:42pm
Connections? I'll help you.
1. mass and volume
2. a change in state
3. the density of the object is less than that of water.
4. melting ice, mowing the lawn, and carving a statue
5. The shape of the gold will change physically.
6. Water freezes in the cracks and expands, causing breaks.
7. all of the above
8. The products are a gas and escape into the air.
For number 9, I think that it's Chemical.
For 10, you're on your own there.
Science - laura, Monday, April 29, 2013 at 3:21pm
I don't know if number ten is fully right but i hope it helps.
10. Color is classified as both physical and chemical properties. Color is a physical property because it is the visible light that the substance does not absorb. Color is also classified as one indication of chemical change because a different substance absorbs light at a different wavelength, and therefore a different color of visible light.
This question has not yet been graded.
1-9 are all correct 100% hope this helps.
Science - julia C, Wednesday, May 1, 2013 at 2:46pm