Posted by joy on Monday, April 15, 2013 at 2:54pm.
1- -------.one of the ways that white southerners tried to keep blacks from voting.1st way they did this .This rule said that could only vote if your ancenstor voted in 1860.a.k.a. (MISSISSIPPI Plan).
2---------.as white southerners regained control of their governments they looked for ways to forbid blacks from voting.These were adopted with or in lieu of (literacy test)to stop them from being able to vote.In order to vote you had to pay which most blacks could not afford to do.
1- literacy tests
2- poll taxes
- U.S/history AP - Ms. Sue, Monday, April 15, 2013 at 3:36pm
- U.S/history AP - joy, Monday, April 15, 2013 at 4:46pm
so 2 wrong?
- U.S/history AP - joy, Monday, April 15, 2013 at 4:47pm
is it jim crow
- U.S/history AP - Ms. Sue, Monday, April 15, 2013 at 4:51pm
2 is poll taxes. You were right the first time.
- U.S/history AP - joy, Monday, April 15, 2013 at 4:53pm
one more time
2 is poll taxes
- U.S/history AP - Ms. Sue, Monday, April 15, 2013 at 4:54pm
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Government - After the passage of the 19th Amendment, white women _____. 1.)...
- history - a. Which statement about the Ku Klux Klan during Reconstruction is NOT...
- us history - How did Floridians vote during the presidential election of 1860? ...
- us history - ow did Floridians vote during the presidential election of 1860? ...
- Social - how does restoring voting to whites in the south help protect rights of...
- U.S/history AP - ------------laws that kept white southerners in a superior ...
- Statistics - In a survey of 1233 people, 917 people said they voted in a recent ...
- History - please help i have my answers just not sure if im correct :( what ...
- social studies 8th - 1. The “separate-but-equal” doctrine comes from which of ...
- History - When the 23rd Amendment was passed, it gave voting rights to residents...