Posted by Gabby on Thursday, April 11, 2013 at 9:57pm.
Your ____ is your first line of defense against pathogens. (1 point)
Blood vessels help regulate your body's temperature. When it's cold, your blood vessels ____ to decrease blood flow and retain heat. (1 point)
The ____ muscle contracts about 70 times per minute. (1 point)
none of the above
Red blood cells are produced in _____ in the bone. (1 point)
The skeletal system has several functions including _______. (1 point)
protecting the body from bacteria
producing blood cells
sending messages to the brain
Reflex responses are controlled in your _____, which allows your body to respond without _________. (1 point)
spinal cord; thinking
Olfactory cells located in your nasal passages link your sense of ________ with your sense of ________. (1 point)
A(n) ________ moves from one neuron to another by crossing a small space called a _______. (1 point)
synapse; sensory gap
Which of the following describes a motor neuron? (1 point)
a neuron that carries an impulse to the brain/spinal cord from a stimulus
a neuron that carries an impulse through the brain/spinal cord
a neuron that carries an impulse from the brain/spinal cord to a muscle
a neuron that helps carry an impulse across a synapse
The ________ system of the peripheral nervous system would have control over ___________. (1 point)
autonomic; heart rate
central; salivary glands
ok so are 1-8 correct... and could you help with 9 & 10 plz thx
- Science URGENT~ - Gabby, Thursday, April 11, 2013 at 10:01pm
Umm Ms.Sue or WriteTeacher could u help maybe?
- Science URGENT~ - Knights, Thursday, April 11, 2013 at 10:09pm
4. red marrow
5. moving limbs
6. spinal cord thinking
7. smell ; taste
8. impulse synapse
9.a neuron that carries an impulse from the brain/spinal cord to a muscle
- Science URGENT~ - Gabby, Thursday, April 11, 2013 at 10:10pm
Oh, wow thx Knight :) rlly appreciate it!
- Science URGENT~ - Knights, Thursday, April 11, 2013 at 10:11pm
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Science Check Please - 1. Your ____ is your first line of defense against ...
- Science Check Please Dr.Bob222 - I am sorry would..Hopefully this would make it ...
- Body System - The cardiovascular system consists of A. blood, blood vessels, ...
- science - True or False: One of the skinís functions is to produce vitamin D (1 ...
- science - 2. Which of the following is responsible for carrying nutrients to and...
- HELP PLSS SCIENCE - 2. Which of the following is responsible for carrying ...
- Biology - 14. Which of the following is the blood vessel with the largest ...
- college chemistry - Which of the following statements is not true when a human ...
- Please help! Taking exam Monday! Anatomy & Physiol - Nutrients move out of the ...
- anatomy - I am so confused about this question but What is the principal ...