Posted by T-mara on Thursday, April 11, 2013 at 9:56pm.
getting ready to turn this in just want to check my answers any takers??
1. In an atom, electrons ____. (1 point)
are located in the nucleus
are paired with neutrons
are located in the electron cloud
are always in the same place
2. The maximum number of electrons in the second energy level of an atom is ____. (1 point)
3. The number of _____ is equal to the atomic number. (1 point)
both a and c
True or False
4. In an atom, an electron that is close to the nucleus is on the highest energy level. (1 point)
5. It is easier to move an electron from the outer energy level than from one closer to the nucleus. (1 point)
science - bobpursley, Thursday, April 11, 2013 at 9:57pm
and what is your answers?
science - Knights, Thursday, April 11, 2013 at 10:00pm
1. located in electron cloud
4. True. The closer the atoms are to the nucleus, the more energy it takes to move them between the levels.
science - Damon, Thursday, April 11, 2013 at 10:11pm
3. The number of protons and number of electrons are equal for a neutral atom, therefore both.
4. When energy is ejected in the form of a radiated photon, the electron moves down in energy closer to the nucleus. The further the orbit is from the nucleus, the higher the energy level.
5. Sure. The closer the negative charge is to the positive charge, the harder it is to pull it away.
science - Knights, Thursday, April 11, 2013 at 10:14pm
EDIT - Damon is right, for number 4.
science - Damon, Thursday, April 11, 2013 at 10:19pm
What about 3 which I think is both a and c ?
science - Knights, Thursday, April 11, 2013 at 10:25pm
Yeah, that is true. But the standard definition for the atomic number is the proton, since electrons can vary.
Quote "The atomic number is equal to the number of protons in an atom's nucleus. The atomic number determines which element an atom is."
from "education.jlab. org"
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Science - In an atom, electrons ____. are located in the nucleus are paired with...
- Science - In an atom, electrons ____. a. are located in the nucleus b. travel ...
- science - In an atom, electrons ____. a.are located in the nucleus b.are paired ...
- Science - 1. Which statement about subatomic particles is NOT true? (1 point) ...
- Physics - Lithium is the atom which has three protons in its nucleus and three ...
- Chemistry - An electron jumps from energy level 1 to energy level 2 by absorbing...
- Science - What describes the current model of the atom? A)That electrons and ...
- physics - 1)A hypothetical neutral atom has 77 electrons. One of its electrons ...
- Physics - The Nuclues of a Manganese atom has a net charge of +4E-18C. Its ...
- science - 1.the modern atomic model includes orbiting the nucleus. which of the ...