Posted by jenny on Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 11:46pm.
a cycle company make bicycles, tricycles an unicycles. Last week they made 120 more bicycles than unicycles, and 4 times as many tricycles as unicycles. If they made 75 more bicycles than tricycles, how many unicyles did they make?
I dont understand how to do this, please help
- math - Steve, Thursday, April 11, 2013 at 5:18am
just put the words into symbols. If there are
b bicycles, and
b = u+120
t = 4u
b = t+75
Now you can just start substituting and watch the variables get resolved:
b = u+120
b = 4u+75
u+120 = 4u+75
3u = 45
t=4u = 60
So, they made
check that the numbers satisfy the original conditions. They do.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- algebra - Cycle Paths, inc. makes bicycles, tricycles, and unicycles. Last week ...
- algebra - Cycle Paths, Inc. makes bicycles, tricycles, and unicycles. Last week ...
- 6th grade - Say you are at a bike shop. They sell tricycles, bicycles and ...
- hurestics - There are 74 tricycles and bicycles in a shop. There are 87 more ...
- Math - Solve the following problem. The owner of a toy store is taking inventory...
- math - At irvs cycle rental shop, Irv rents all kinds of cycles: unicycles, ...
- math 11 - Please help this question is from my unit on linear programing and I'm...
- Math - At Irv's Rental Shop, Irv rents all kinds of cycles: unicycles, tandem ...
- Please help!! Math - Solve the following problem using a method of your choice...
- math (linear programing problem) - Please help this question is from my unit on ...