Posted by Mwila on Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 3:47am.
1. At what age does exercise begin to result in strength in boys
A. Between ages one and two
B. Between ages three and four
C. Between ages five and six
D. Between ages six and seven
2. Athleteís foot is an infection caused by
A. dirt. C. allergic reaction.
B. poor nutrition. D. fungi.
3. Temperatures in child care education settings should be set
at _______ in summer and _______ in winter.
A. 55 to 65, 65 to 85
B. 60 to 63, 70 to 73
C. 68 to 72, 65 to 75
D. 72 to 80, 70 to 78
4. When playing outside, children should wear protective clothing and play in shaded
A. avoid radiation from sunlight.
B. avoid being stung or bitten by insects.
C. prevent attacks of scabies.
D. stay cool and maintain psychological equilibrium.
5. What type of hazard is a spider bite?
A. Physical C. Biological
B. Chemical D. Ergonomic
6. What are the three methods by which HIV and AIDS are usually transmitted?
A. Sex, food, and drink
B. Breastfeeding, sexual intercourse, and shared blood
C. Air, water, and shared bodily fluids
D. Skin contact, sexual intercourse, and shared clothing
7. Children should not be served drinks in containers made of
A. Styrofoam. C. treated ceramic.
B. uninsulated paper. D. stainless steel.
8. Which of the following is a suitable toy for a toddler?
A. A riding toy C. A trampoline
B. A walker D. Powdered clay
9. The most effective way to prevent carbon monoxide poisoning is by
A. remaining alert to the odor.
B. keeping an adequate supply of breathing masks at hand.
C. heating buildings with oil or electricity.
D. installing and maintaining carbon monoxide detectors.
10. A child who has to struggle to climb into a chair is confronting a/an _______ hazard.
A. biological C. ergonomic
B. physical D. environmental
11. Which type diapers meet the American Health Associationís standards?
A. Diapers composed entirely of paper composite
B. Cotton diapers
C. Paper diapers with absorbent gelling materials
D. Recycled diapers
12. Which the following should be used to clean in educational or child care facilities?
A. Bleach C. Lead chloride
B. Radon D. Mineral spirits
13. In America, _______ million children live in poverty.
A. 7 C. 25
B. 14 D. 37
14. Some child psychologists have concluded that _______ is the strongest predictor of
both scholastic and career achievement.
A. physical illness C. emotional well-being
B. respect for authority D. inherited intelligence
15. Refrigerated foods should be stored at _______ degrees Fahrenheit or lower.
A. 31 C. 45
B. 35 D. 55
16. The National Association for the Education of Young Children recommends a minimum
of _______ square feet of usable floor space per child.
A. 10 C. 45
B. 35 D. 50
17. Blood pressure is a measure of
A. the ratio of red blood cells to white blood cells.
B. the pressure exerted by hemoglobin against the vascular walls.
C. oxygen levels in the blood.
D. how hard the heart is working.
18. A childís ability to jump for distance is an example of
A. agility. C. explosive power.
B. flexibility. D. reaction time.
19. If a child swallows any portion of a poisonous plant, a caregiver should immediately
A. administer syrup of Ipecac.
B. call the poison control center with the plant in hand.
C. use the Heimlich maneuver to help the child cough up the plant.
D. have the child lie down and apply cold compresses.
20. The most important consideration when installing playground equipment is
A. cost. C. finishing materials.
B. height. D. surface materials.
- LIVING A HEALTHY LIFE - Writeacher, Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 7:13am
Someone here will be happy to check YOUR answers.
- LIVING A HEALTHY LIFE - Mwila, Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 12:20pm
1d 2d 3c 4a 5c 6 7b 8 9 10b 11c 12a 13 14b 15 16 17b 18 19b 20d don't know the rest
- LIVING A HEALTHY LIFE - swagg, Thursday, April 11, 2013 at 5:15pm
Answer this Question
science - what are 10 (things (living and non-living things)that a barracuda ...
4th grade - what are 10 (things (living and non-living things)that a barracuda ...
Health (Ms. Sue) - 1. Explain how being a good sport can help you develop ...
living life a health life - At what age does excercise begin to result in ...
Health - Practicing healthy behaviors every day can help you have god, life-long...
life orientation - ways in which one can take responsibility to provide safe and...
life orientation - Ways in which one can take responsibility to provide safe and...
English - Fill each blank with a coordinating word or phrase and proper ...
Life oreintation - In 150 words discuss ways in which one can take ...
life orientation - discuss in a paragraph of 150 words in which one can take ...