Posted by Cassie on Tuesday, April 9, 2013 at 5:48pm.
What balances charges that may build up as reduction and oxidation occur in a voltaic cell?
*the salt bridge
one of the half-cells
the electrolyte solutions
the moving electrons
What is the electrode in the center of the most common dry cell made of?
How is a lead storage battery recharged?
*A direct current is applied to it.
A magnet is held close to it.
Alternating current is forced through it.
The pressure on it is increased.
What happens in a hydrogen-oxygen fuel cell?
*Oxygen diffuses through the cathode.
Oxygen diffuses through the anode.
Hydrogen diffuses through the cathode.
Hydrogen and oxygen are mixed before entering the anode.
What standard reduction electrode has a half-cell potential of 0.00 V?
Which of the following is the name of a process in which electrical energy causes a chemical reaction?
Which of the following is true about an electrolytic cell?
It changes electrical energy into chemical energy.
It is the type of cell used in electroplating.
It uses an electric current to make a nonspontaneous reaction go.
*all of the above
Identify the products formed in the net reaction of the electrolysis of water.
liquid hydrogen and oxygen gas
liquid oxygen and hydrogen gas
*hydrogen gas and oxygen gas
aqueous hydrogen ion and hydroxyl ion
What occurs in electroplating?
deposition of a salt layer on a metal
*deposition of a metal layer on a
decomposition of a metal layer
decomposition of a salt layer
- will somebody please answer this. - Cassie, Tuesday, April 9, 2013 at 6:44pm
- Chemistry: Please check answers - DrBob222, Tuesday, April 9, 2013 at 9:55pm
12. I was tempted to pick the salt bridge, too, however, the salt bridge only ALLOWS the balancing charges to pass through is the proper direction. It's the electrolytes that actually do the balancing. Think about that for awhile. The question is somewhat ambiguous.
20. I agree with your answer; however, I should point out that in order for the metal to be deposited onto another surface, the metal must be "removed" from another place. Many might consider that a decomposition of the metal layer. Again somewhat ambiguous answer; I suspect your answer is the one desired.
All of the other answers look ok to me.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Chemistry - What assures that there is no charge build up in a voltaic cell as ...
- Chemistry - Consider a chromium-silver voltaic cell that is constructed such ...
- Chemistry - a glavanic cell is set up by connecting the following half-cells ...
- chem 2 - Consider a chromium-silver voltaic cell that is constructed such that ...
- chemistry - A voltaic cell is contructed in which a copper wire is placed in a 1...
- Chem -plz check work - so i've worked on this some more, now I am asking if ...
- Chemistry - A half-cell that consists of a copper wire in 1.00 M CuNO3 solution ...
- chemistry - A voltaic cell is made with aluminum and zinc electrodes. (For Ag+(...
- Chemistry again - Two voltaic cells are to be joined so that one will run the ...
- Chemistry - In every electrolytic and galvanic (voltaic) cell the anode is that ...