Posted by Ulises on Tuesday, April 9, 2013 at 4:38pm.
A square loop (side L) spins with angular frequency ω in field of strength B. It is hooked to a load R.
Write an expression for current I(t) in terms of B,L,R,ω and t (enter omega for ω).
(b) How much work is done by the generator per revolution? Express your answer in terms of B,L,R and ω (enter omega for ω).
(c) To make it twice as hard to turn (twice as much work), what factor would you have to multiply the resistance R?
No one has answered this question yet.
- physics - MeSelf, Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 3:26am
- physics - MeSelf, Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 4:04am
the magnetic flux will be:
Φ = A*B cos(w*t)
Then the electromotrix force will be:
-dΦ/dt = A*B*w*sin(w*t) = ε(t)
Since the current is given by
I(t) = ε(t)/R
I(t) = L^2*B*w*sin(w*t)/R
- physics - Espartan, Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 8:15am
c)the factor is 1/2
- physics - sat, Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 2:24pm
part b plsssss
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Physics - A circuit contains a self-inductance L in series with a capacitor C ...
- Physics - Write down the electric field and associated magnetic field in vacuum ...
- Physics - Ey=E0sin(kx−ωt), Ez=4E0sin(kx−ωt), the magnetic ...
- Physics - A mass-spring system has b/m = ω0/2, where b is the damping ...
- Physics - I already figured out the answers to some but I need help with two ...
- Physics - A pendulum on earth swings with angular frequency ω. On an ...
- Physics - Consider the following RLC series circuit. with V=5 Volts, R=15 Ohms, ...
- Physics - Consider the following RLC circuit with V=3 Volts, R=25 Ohms, C=0.006 ...
- Physics - A circular loop of radius "a" is rotated at constant angular velocity...
- Physics Classical Mechanics - A turntable is a uniform disc of mass m and radius...