Posted by anoynomous on Tuesday, April 9, 2013 at 7:51am.
find two irrational numbers between 2.5 and 4.5
- maths- rational no. - Steve, Tuesday, April 9, 2013 at 11:21am
2.5 = 5/2
4.5 = 9/2
so, a short list of rational numbers between the two might contain
6/2 7/2 8/2
Expressing them as 6ths,
2.5 = 15/6
4.5 = 27/6
Now there are a lot more possibilities, all multiples of 1/6
- maths- rational no. - Steve, Tuesday, April 9, 2013 at 11:25am
Oops! I missed the "irrational" part!
2.5^2 = 6.25
4.5^2 = 20.25
Pick any integers between those, except 9 and 16, which are perfect squares.
√7 √8 √10 ... √20
are all irrational.
2.5^3 = 15.625
4.5^3 = 91.125
There are lots of possibilities there, excluding 27 and 64:
∛16 ∛17 ... ∛91
are all irrational
You can pick non-integer values, as long as they don't turn out to be perfect powers.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- math - Which statement is true? A. All irrational numbers are also rational ...
- irrational numbers?! - what are rational and irrational numbers?? i know that ...
- math - What is the best sequence of names to identify this set of numbers? (1 3/...
- math- please help - What is the best sequence of names to identify this set of ...
- Math - What are irrational, rational, and natural numbers? A rational number is ...
- Math - Are there more rational or irrational numbers? I am thinking irrational, ...
- 9th grade - Name the set(s) of numbers to which 1.68 belongs. a. rational ...
- math - 1. Which of the following numbers is an example of an integer? a. -15 b. ...
- Algerba II - Hi Do decimals such as 2.718 represent rational numbers or ...
- math - hi i need help with rational and irrational numbers. i just need to know ...