Posted by Anonymous on Monday, April 8, 2013 at 8:33pm.
"Slowly, silently, now the moon
Walks the night in her silver shoon
This way, and that, she peers, and sees
Silver fruit upon silver trees;
One by one the casements catch
Her beams beneath the silvery thatch;
Couched in his kennel, like a log,
With paws of silver sleeps the dog;
From their shadowy coat the white breasts peep
Of doves in a silver-feathered sleep;
A harvest mouse goes scampering by,
With silver claws, and silver eye;
And moveless fish in the water gleam,
By silver reeds in a silver stream."
(a) Describe the "silver scene" in "Silver."
(b) Describe the effects of the moon's walk through the night.
(c) How has the moon transformed this scene?
(a) The moon rises, thrusting its light among trees. One of the casements catch beneath a thatch. It illuminates a sleeping dog in its kennel, and a mouse as it scatters by, as well as motionless fish in a moonlit stream.
- Literature - Anonymous, Monday, April 8, 2013 at 8:35pm
Is my answer correct?
- Literature - Writeacher, Monday, April 8, 2013 at 8:38pm
Are you clear on what a casement is? What thatch is?
Remember that for (a), you need to concentrate on what all the things are in the poem that seem to be silver. I wouldn't delete anything you've written, but there are some things you've omitted.
- Literature - Ms. Sue, Monday, April 8, 2013 at 8:39pm
I disagree with your second sentence. The others are correct.
- Literature - Anonymous, Monday, April 8, 2013 at 8:52pm
So then...if I were to delete the second sentence, it would, indeed, be correct?
- Literature - Anonymous, Monday, April 8, 2013 at 9:06pm
- Literature - Ms. Sue, Monday, April 8, 2013 at 9:12pm
What about parts b and c?
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Literature - "Slowly, silently, now the moon Walks the night in her silver shoon...
- chem - One method for reclaiming silver metal from silver chloride results in a ...
- maths - a craftsperson has 2 alloys of silver. the 1st one is 70%pure silver amd...
- chemistry - silver iodide powder has been used as and antiseptic and as and ...
- Chemistry - In trial one the mass of silver oxide is .5g. The mass of silver ...
- chemistry - in trial one the mass of silver oxide is .5g. The mass of silver ...
- chm - Silver chloride, often used in silver plating, contains 75.27% .Calculate ...
- Chemistry - Silver chloride, often used in silver plating, contains 75.27% Ag. ...
- Chemistry 101 - Silver chloride, often used in silver plating, contains 75.27% ...
- Science- chemistry - fuzzy silver coating is impure silver. it can be converted ...