Posted by Cassie on Monday, April 8, 2013 at 11:50am.
Which description best captures Abraham Lincoln's approach to slavery before he signed the Emancipation Proclamation?
A.Lincoln was himself pro-slavery, but thought that states should have the right to choose whether or not slavery was legal.
B.Lincoln was indifferent on the issue of slavery.
C.Lincoln was willing to free slaves, but his top priority was to save the Union.
D.Lincoln was an abolitionist who wanted to outlaw slavery by any means necessary.
I think it is C....?
Soc. Studies - Ms. Sue, Monday, April 8, 2013 at 11:54am
Soc. Studies - Cassie, Monday, April 8, 2013 at 12:00pm
Soc. Studies - Ms. Sue, Monday, April 8, 2013 at 12:01pm
Soc. Studies - hi, Wednesday, April 22, 2015 at 2:21pm
had the same thing its b
Soc. Studies - Helper, Tuesday, April 28, 2015 at 3:51pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- LA - Which description best captures Abraham Lincoln's approach to slavery ...
- SS-my answers - 1. About how many African Americans served in the Union army? 2,...
- US History - What best defines the Freeport Doctrine? A. legal counsel and jury ...
- World History (Ms. Sue) - What was Lincoln's reasons for not emancipating slaves...
- History - What in his life made president Lincoln want to abolish slavery? I ...
- History - African Americans in the North greeted the Emancipation Proclamation A...
- History - 1.)Aside from slavery, which of the following best summarizes the ...
- History - 2.)In what way did Abraham Lincoln's election further divide the ...
- History - 6. Which of the following Civil War era presidential orders directly ...
- 7th grade - Social Studies - how do you think women and native americans felt ...