Posted by Damian on Monday, April 8, 2013 at 5:58am.
Use the concepts of marginal cost and marginal revenue to derive an optimal capital budget for Company X, which has identified 7 possible investment projects and determined its cost of capital as shown below.
Table A: Alternative Projects, Required Investments, and Expected Rate of Return
Project Investment Required in Millions of Dollars Expected Rate of Return on Investment
A 150 12%
B 300 15%
C 125 10%
D 75 16%
E 50 20%
F 500 14%
G 250 18%
Table B: Cost of Capital by Amount Raised
Block of Funds
(in Millions) Amount of Funds
in Block Cost of Capital for Block
First Block of Funds $500 10%
Second Block of Funds $400 11%
Third Block of Funds $300 12%
Fourth Block of Funds $200 13%
Fifth Block of Funds $100 14%
Sixth Block of Funds $100 15%
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- economics - The cost function for an enterprise has the following form: TC = 10L...
- Micoreconomics - As a general rule, profit-maximizing producers in a competitive...
- Economics - Yeah, so I'm in urgent need of help with this homework. 1. Assume ...
- Accounting - Present value analysis-cost of capital National Leasing is ...
- Microeconomics - As a general rule, profit-maximiaing producers in a competitive...
- Introduction programing visual basic - break even analysis. suppose a certain ...
- Algebra - 83. Minimizing Marginal Cost The marginal cost of a product can be ...
- Calculus - Given that C(x)=2x^3-21x^2+36x+1000 is a cost function, determine the...
- Money and Banking - 1. A firm uses capital to produce revenue. The marginal ...
- Calculus PLEASE HELP - Given that C(x)=2x^3-21x^2+36x+1000 is a cost function, ...