Posted by Nicole on Sunday, April 7, 2013 at 10:58pm.
this is a really long question. i don't understand how to answer it. help please.
A 10.0% aquueous solution of sulfuric acid has a density of 1.0661 g/mL at 20 degrees celsius.
A. how many grams of H2SO4 are found in 50.0 g of this solution?
B. how many grams of water are found in 50.0 g of this solution?
C. What mass of H2SO4 must be mixed with 50.0 g of water to make this solution?
D. how many grams of H2SO4 are required to make 50.0 mL of this solution?
E. what volume of this solution contains 50.0 g of H2SO4?
F. what is the molarity of this solution?
G. assuming a complete dissociation of H2SO4 in water (H2SO4 ---> 2H^- + SO4^-2) what is the normality of the solution?
H. what is the gram-equivalent mass of H2SO4 given in the dissociation in (g)?
I. how many equivalents of H2SO4 are in 50.0 g of this solution?
J. what is the molality of this solution?
K. what is the particle molality of of this solution?
L. what is the boiling point of this solution?
M. what is the freezing point of this solution?
N. what is the osmotic pressure of this solution? hint: use information from (f)
- chemistry - DrBob222, Monday, April 8, 2013 at 11:22am
You need to be aware of the definitions. I can get you started. For A, remember the definition of % by mass is
(mass solute/mass soln)*100 = % w/w.
Therefore, you have 10 g H2SO4/100 g solution. You want to know how many g H2SO4 are in 50 g of this solution. Of course that's just half or 5 g H2SO4 but you work that out by
10 g H2SO4 x (50/100) = ?
If you have a 10% w/w solution it means 10 g solute + 90 g water. So 90 g H2O in the original means 5 g solute in 45 g H2O (to make a total of 50 g).
Using these two examples you need to try your hand at these.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- chemistry - A solution is 40% acetic acid by mass. The density of this solution ...
- Chemistry - Density - Automobile batteries contain sulfuric acid. Calculate the ...
- Chemistry - Industrial Sulfuric Acid (H2SO4) may be purchased as 97 % (weight ...
- chemistry - calculate what volume of sulfuric acid solution(specific gravity=1....
- Chemistry - Automobile batteries contain sulfuric acid, which is commonly ...
- Chemistry...Help? - I've been trying to understand these two questions and I've ...
- Algebra - A chemist has two solutions of sulfuric acid. The first is one half ...
- chemistry - Calculate the number of grams of sulfuric acid in 1 gallon of ...
- Chemistry - Could someone please let me know if I have the answer to the ...
- Chemistry - When 100 mL of Ba(NO3)2 solution at 25 degrees Celsius is mixed with...