Posted by thomas on Sunday, April 7, 2013 at 8:47pm.
*f(x)= x(x+6)^1/2 find two x intercepts.
Then show that f'(x)=0 at some point between the 2 x intercepts.
*Use mean value theorem for f(x)= x(x^2-3x+1) for interval [1,4]
I FOUND DERIAVITIVE WHICH IS 3X^2-6X+1.THEN?
*find all critical numbers find all intervals on which the function is increasing or decreasing. lable extrma.
I FOUND MY DERIVATIVE WHICH IS -32X/(X^2-16)^2
CRITICAL NUMBERS ARE 0,4 AND -4.
SO WHAT DO i DO NEXT
- calculus - bobpursley, Sunday, April 7, 2013 at 9:04pm
the two x intercepts are 0, and -6
set the derivative equal to zero, and find x
f'(x)=(x+6)^1/2 + x/2 *1/(x+6)^2=0
x+6 + x/2=0
find f(1), and f(4)
this means there is a zero between x=1,4
I wonder on this third question what is the function? Putting parts of several qustion on one question is very confusing.
- calculus - thomas, Sunday, April 7, 2013 at 9:19pm
- calculus - thomas, Tuesday, April 9, 2013 at 10:39pm
i got this. thnks
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- calculus - Let f(x) = (x+1)/(x-1). Show that there are no vlue of c such that f(...
- Calculus - Verify the hypothesis of the mean value theorem for each function ...
- Math - x-intercepts and y-intercepts - Hi, can someone help me with intercepts. ...
- calculus - Consider the function f(x)=–3x3–1x2+1x+1Find the average slope of ...
- unique solution - How do I show that the equation x^4 + 3x + 1 = 0, -2 <= x &...
- calculus - Consider the function f(x)=6sqrt(x)+1 on the interval [3,5] . Find ...
- Math - Let f(x) = 2x + 1 − sin(x), how many roots does f(x) have in the ...
- Calculus - Find the average or mean slope of 2x^3 - 6x^2 - 90x +3 on the ...
- Algebra I - Did I do these probelms correctly? Find the intercepts 1. y^2 = x^2...
- Calculus Please help! - f(x) -2x^3+2x^2-3x+2 Find the average slope of this ...