Posted by Sam on Saturday, April 6, 2013 at 6:39pm.
I cannot solve these last three systems. Could you show me the work for them so i understand how to do them.
- Math Systems - Ollie, Saturday, April 6, 2013 at 6:49pm
in the equation x - y = 1, solve for x in terms of y.
replace x in either of the other two equations and you will be able to solve for x. Now, you can go back to any of the three equations and replace x with the value you found and solve for y.
Check that your solution for x and y satisfy all three equations.
- Math Systems - Partial answer - Ms. Sue, Saturday, April 6, 2013 at 6:51pm
x = 1 + y
2(1 + y) + y = 5
2 + 2y + y = 5
3y = 3
y = 1
3x - 4 = 2
3x = 6
x = 2
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- algebra - Could you show me how to do these math systems and show your work so i...
- math - i don't understand what to do.if someone can tell me what to do i can try...
- Biology - Which organ systems help deliver oxygen to body cells? I think that ...
- Science - Why do scientists use models of natural systems? a. Scientists use ...
- earth's systems - What are the four earth systems? and how do they interact with...
- Physics - Research on the physics of living systems.Give two examples to show ...
- Physics - Research on the physics of living systems. Give two examples to show ...
- physics - research on the physics of living systems.give to examples to show how...
- SCIENCE!! - what are two examples of these four types of systems? Physical ...
- Algebra 2 - Solving Systems of Equations in Three Variables: 3x+3y-z=-3 -2x-3y+...