Posted by Leo on Saturday, April 6, 2013 at 5:50pm.
1.) If h(x)= (fog)(x) and h(x) = 3 over the square root of x+3 , find g(x) if f(x)= 3 over the square root of x+2.
my answer is x+1. Am I right?
2.)If f(x)=3x,g(x)=x-3,and h(x)= the square root of x, find (fogox)(X). I really didn't get this will someone please show me how to do it?
- pre calculus - Leo, Saturday, April 6, 2013 at 6:34pm
The first one is correct but I am still not sure about the second one.
This I what I did to solve for it:
3(he square root of 25-3
Is it correct?
- pre calculus - Steve, Sunday, April 7, 2013 at 6:30am
f(x) = 3/√(x+2)
f(g) = 3/√(g+2) = 3/√(x+3)
so, you are correct; g(x) = x+1
for the second one, you're not solving any equation; you're just expressing a composite function as a single one, just as in #1.
f(x) = 3x
g(x) = x-3
h(x) = √x
(f◦g◦h)(x) = f(g(h(x)))
f(g(h)) = f(h-3) = 3(h-3) = 3(√x-3)
f(g(h)) = 3(g(h)) = 3(g(√x)) = 3(√x-3)
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- college pre-calculus - simplify: square root (4/3)-square root (3/4) A. 2-...
- Pre Calc!!!!!!!!!! test tom!! - Square root of x is the equation. Translate: ...
- Calculus - A rectangle is bounded by the x axis and the semicircle = square root...
- Algebra - Simplify: 3 squared divided by the square root of 80. Multiple choices...
- Pre-Calculus - Solve 0 = 3x^2 + 5x -1 by completing the square. Express your ...
- Algebra - 69: 16x^2+8x-3. I inserted this into the quadratic formula and got -8...
- MATH - Which expression is a polynomial???? A: 11 0ver the square root of x B: ...
- Math ~CHECK MY ANSWER~ - 1) Which of these is a rational number? a. Pi b. Square...
- Math Help! - Four students worked to find an estimate for square root 22. Who is...
- Math 12 - Review - Quadratic - Could someone please show me ALL the steps to do ...