Posted by dina on Saturday, April 6, 2013 at 12:16pm.
How do I solve this problem? 3x-2/3x=4/3
- algebra - Ms. Sue, Saturday, April 6, 2013 at 12:22pm
7/3x = 4/3
x = (4/3) / (7/3)
x = (4/3) * (3/7)
x = 12/21 = 4/7
- algebra - dina, Saturday, April 6, 2013 at 2:56pm
Thank you Ms.Sue, but could you please show me how you got 7/3x?
- algebra - Jake, Saturday, April 6, 2013 at 3:23pm
I think this problem is really
(3x - 2) / 3x = 4 / 3
3(3x - 2) = 4 * 3x
9x - 6 = 12x
9x -6 + 6 = 12x +'6
9x = 12x + 6
9x - 12x = 12x + 6 - 12x
-3x = 6
x = -2
- algebra - Ms. Sue, Saturday, April 6, 2013 at 3:46pm
3x - 2/3x = 2 1/3x
2 1/3 = 7/3
- algebra - dina, Saturday, April 6, 2013 at 5:24pm
Thanks Jake, but the ans. to this problem is x=4/7, so the set up is... 3x-2/3x-4/3.
- algebra - dina, Saturday, April 6, 2013 at 5:28pm
Thank you so much Ms. Sue!
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- algebra 2 - i need help with my algebra 2 homework, the section is called using ...
- Algebra - I'm really lose with this problem...HELP Using Cramer Rule If D=O use ...
- English - 1. He can not solve the math problem. 2. He cannot solve the math ...
- math - the sum of a number and 3 times that number is 76. what is that number? ...
- Pre calculus - How do I solve this exponent problem? I understand the exponent ...
- Pre-Algebra - Can someone show me how to solve this problem step by step?Here is...
- Algebra - FIND THE GCF OF THE PRODUCT (3B+6)(2B-10) SOLVE... X^2=-6X x(x+6)= 0 x...
- Algebra - I need help on this following problem: The length of a rectangle ...
- Algebra Question - I did a problem and used the substitution method and it took ...
- algebra 1 - Can someone please help me with this inequality problem -3-8>(4x+...