Posted by Monday Godwin on Friday, April 5, 2013 at 7:18am.
An equilateral triangle of side 20cm is inscribed in a circle.calculate the distances of a side of the triangle from the centre of the circle.
Government senior college ikoyi - Knights, Friday, April 5, 2013 at 7:23am
Basically the inradius of the equilateral triangle. The formula for that is
inradius * semiperimeter (half the perimeter) = area
We know that the formula for calculating the area of a equilateral triangle is s^2 sqrt 3 /4 so we get 100sqrt3 as the area of the equilateral triangle.
Then, inradius * semiperimeter = 100sqrt 3
So, the semiperimeter is equal to half the perimeter. Therefore, 20+20+20 / 2 = 30.
The formula is now inradius * 30 = 100sqrt3
So, the inradius is 100sqrt3 / 30 =
olomu senior community secondary school Ajah - Lawrence, Saturday, March 29, 2014 at 8:28pm
the Angel is /ABC/ inscribed in a circle center O an M radius =20cm, /AM/=10cm /AO/=20cm than /OM/2=\AO/2- /AM/2 which equal to /OM/2=400-100 , /OM/=√300 /OM/=17.33
Government senior college ikoyi - AKINYEMI, Monday, August 8, 2016 at 6:33am
An equilateral triangle has all the sides to be 60°. Divide the triangle into halves which will make the base to be 10cm and 10cm. Bisect angle 60° to the centre of the circle or triangle which will give you 30°. You then have a mini right angled triangle inside the large one. Since we are looking for the distance of a side of the triangle from the centre of the circle, we call it X which is 'opposite' of the mini right-angled triangle.
Now we have opposite to be X and adjacent to be 10 so we have to use tangent which is opposite over adjacent.
Tan 30°= X÷10
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math - An Equilateral Triangle Of Side 20cm Is Inscribed In A Circle.Calculate ...
- geometry - an equilateral triangle of side 20cm is inscribed in a circle....
- geometry - Theres a circle with an equilateral triangle in the middle. The ...
- Math - An equilateral triangle is inscribed in a circle. If the radius of the ...
- math - An equilateral triangle is inscribed in a circle. The radius of the ...
- geometry - An Equilateral triangle (ABC) is inscribed inside a circle. The side ...
- Math - An equilateral triangle is inscribed in a circle. Each side of the ...
- geo - a graphic artist is using a coordinate plane to design a company logo. the...
- yadlapalli - An equilateral triangle is inscribed in a circle with a radius of 6...
- Maths - In a diagram O is the centre of the circle and PQ is the diameter....