Posted by Christian on Thursday, April 4, 2013 at 9:35pm.
at a small private collage, 9/20 of the students are female. there are 2160 female students, then how much are male?
math ugh. - Knights, Thursday, April 4, 2013 at 9:36pm
since 9/20 were female, 11/20 were male
11/9 * 2160 = 2640 males.
math ugh. - Christian, Thursday, April 4, 2013 at 9:37pm
but how do u get 11 / 20
math ugh. - Knights, Thursday, April 4, 2013 at 9:38pm
20/20 - 9/20 = 11/20
Then, since the ratio between male and female is 11/20 / 9/20 = 11/20 * 20/9 = 11/9, we can use this to figure the amount of males. multiply by 2160 (number of females) to get 2640.
math ugh. - Christian, Thursday, April 4, 2013 at 9:45pm
math ugh. - Anonymous, Friday, April 5, 2013 at 9:57am
math ugh. - nerdy, Monday, April 25, 2016 at 5:57pm
according to my caculation it is 108.nerd-_-
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math - There are three hundred students at Mackenzie Middle School in Brain City...
- Business Mathematics - During the 2011 student's orientation at Unam, it was ...
- statistics - FBM 124 class consists of 10 male and 12 female students. Two ...
- 10th Grade Math - A history class is comprised of 6 female and 9 male students. ...
- math - A school club consist of 30 male students and 13 female students. If 3 ...
- Statistics - A history class is comprised of 5 female and 8 male students. If ...
- statistics: dependent event - A psychology class is comprised of 4 female and 6 ...
- Probability - At a certain university, 30% of the students major in math. Of the...
- Statistics - An instructor hy pothesizes that the mean of the final ex am grades...
- math - 6 male students and 3 female students sit around a round table. The ...