Posted by edward on Thursday, April 4, 2013 at 10:55am.
a matrix X has a+b rows and a+2 columns while the matrix Y has b+1 rows and a+3 columns. both matrices XY and YX exist. find a and b. can you say XY and YX sre of same type? are they equal?
maths - Vikas singh, Friday, April 19, 2013 at 3:59am
a is cut so,
put b=3 in (1)
a=2 and b=3.
XX and YX are not of the same type .they are unequal.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Algebra - Need to get these checked-- 33. What is the area of a square with the ...
- math - If matrix A has x rows and x + 5 columns, matrix B has y rows and 11 – y ...
- linear algebra- check question - I just want to make sure my reasoning is ...
- math - Elijah made an array of Skittles with 3 rows and 4 columns. Josh made an...
- science - 1 A
... is a rectangular array of numbers that are ...
- Math - I have a few questions about T-Matrix. In excel, I am suppose to work ...
- linear(hw check) - determine if v1= [ 2 1 0] v2=[ -1 1 3] v3=[ 0 -1 6] spans the...
- algebra-det. - a) Suppose that B is an n ¡Á n matrix, and k is a scalar. Give a ...
- chemistry - Which of the following os a true statement about the periodic table...
- Algebra 2 - Is it me or does this problem not make sense? (you can't solve it) 5...