Posted by Seth on Thursday, April 4, 2013 at 1:20am.
Isolve for x: ln(x^2-6x-16)= 0 . help me beacuse I do not have the idea to work it out.
- Please help me here!!! Maths - Seth, Thursday, April 4, 2013 at 1:23am
Solve for the value of x: ln(x^2-6x-16)=5. Please help me work it out because I do not have an idea in work it out.
- Please help me here!!! Maths - Sunny , Thursday, April 4, 2013 at 1:31am
e^5 is approximately 148.41
x^2-6x = 133.41
x-6x = sqrt(133.41)
-5x = 11.55
x = 11.55/-5
x = 2.31
- no - Please help me here!!! Maths - Reiny, Thursday, April 4, 2013 at 7:37am
unfortunately Sunny made several errors,
Try to sub in x = 2.31, it does not work
form his/hers : (x^2-6x-16)=e^5 ---- Sunny had -15
x^2 - 6x = 148.413 + 16
complete the square by adding 9 to both sides
x^2 - 6x + 9 = 148.413+16+9 = 173.413
(x-3)^2 = 173.413
x-3 = ±√173.413 = ± 13.1686
x = 3 ± 13.1686
x = 16.1686 or x = -10.1686
both work when subbed into the original equation
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- art - generally, artists change their styles a. offen beacuse of the influence ...
- Maths - Just need a bit of help understanding what exactly i have to do here to ...
- history - out of growth of schools, racial discrimination, and education for ...
- Please Help work it out! LOGARITHM - log4(3x-7)^2=10. I have no idea in working ...
- maths PLEASE HELP - how to work out partial fraction decomposition when given 1/...
- maths - can any one tell me a way of working out a percentage from a total for ...
- Maths - Can someone please help me out here. I can't figure out how to do them. ...
- Maths - I am trying to work out the area and perimeter of an equilateral ...
- 7th grade math please help Ms. Sue ASAP - 12. Write a sequence of ...
- maths - how to work out partial fraction decomposition when given 1/x(x^2+1) and...