posted by Sean on .
What effect on the molar mass of the unknown acid would each of the following
have-that is-would it make the calculated molar mass high, low, or would it have no effect?
1. Adding 5 drops of phenolphthalein instead of 1 drop.
2. Using a standard NaOH solution that has been left
unstoppered for several days.
3. Failing to remove an air bubble in the tip of the buret
containing the NaOH solution prior to titration.
4. Failing to rinse down the unknown acid solution from the
inside walls of the flask near the end of the titration
5. Placing the unknown acid in a wet container prior to weighing it.