Posted by Modulus Function on Saturday, March 30, 2013 at 11:01am.
Sketch y=|(x-1)(x-3)| and y=|x^2-4x| .
I don't know how to sketch the graphs :(
math - Reiny, Saturday, March 30, 2013 at 11:32am
in your previous post I showed you how to graph the absolute value of linear function.
The same concept is true for the above quadratics
You will have two parabolas, one is
y = (x-1)(x-3) the other is y = -(x-1)(x-3)
one will open up , the other will open down
They both have the same x-intercepts of 1 and 3
So sketch both of them, then erase the part of both of them that lies below the x-axis.
Do the same for the second equation.
They will have similar shapes, except the second has x-intercepts of 2 and -2
math - Anonymous, Saturday, March 30, 2013 at 11:50am
i still don't really understand. How can i sketch y=(x-1)(x-3) and y=-(x-1)(x-3) ? what is the coordinate?
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math sketch - how do you sketch these graphs: k is a positve constant: y=(x+k)(x...
- chemistry 12 - hey i was wondering, i have this question: Sketch a pH curve for ...
- Algrebra, Graphs, Math - How do I sketch my graph of X+Y=3? Please help! I don't...
- math - Sketch the graphs of f(x) = x^2 and g(x) = 2x. Find a number a between 0 ...
- statistics - How do I sketch distributions? I think I'm doing it wrong. Is there...
- math - what does this question mean : Sketch a graph to show four graphs in each...
- calc - i need to sketch a graph that satisfies all of these conditions: - it is ...
- maths - sketch on a diagram the graphs of 1)y=x^2 2)y=(x+a)^2 3)y=b(x+a)^2 4)y=b...
- Maths trig - Sketch the graphs of f(x)=3overx+1 and g(x)=-2x-4
- Physics Help Please!!!! Graphs Please Please!!! - ------A part is on an assembly...