Posted by Jack on Thursday, March 28, 2013 at 12:28pm.
Which of the following metals is oxidized by calcium ions?
The first electrochemical cell was invented by ____.
Why can't a lead storage battery be recharged indefinitely?
A direct current must pass through the cells.
The electrodes lose lead sulfate.
*It is difficult to reverse the direction of current flow.
The electrolyte is too expensive.
Which electrode (anode or cathode) is designated as positive in an electrolytic cell?
What is the direction of electron flow in an electrolytic cell?
from cathode to anode
*from anode to cathode
in either direction
There is no flow.
What electrolyte can be used to electrolyze water?
hydrochloric acid only
sodium chloride only
sodium hydroxide only
*any electrolyte that is not easily reduced or oxidized
The gas produced at the cathode in the electrolysis of brine is ____.
In electroplating, the object to be electroplated is placed _____.
*at the anode
at the cathode
at either the anode or the cathode
in between the anode and the cathode
- Chemistry - DrBob222, Thursday, March 28, 2013 at 12:44pm
I think you have some serious work to do. I disagree with 8,7, 5, 4, & 3.
- Chemistry - Jack, Thursday, March 28, 2013 at 1:30pm
you are right I think #3 is B...#4 is A and #5 is A...haven't done 7 and 8 yet...how am I doing?
- Chemistry - Jack, Thursday, March 28, 2013 at 1:33pm
#8 -B...is that better?
- Chemistry - DrBob222, Thursday, March 28, 2013 at 5:55pm
I believe those are ok. I HOPE you were not confused by which of the opposite answer pairs to choose, you guessed, you guessed wrong the first time, and when I pointed them out you just chose the other one. As I say, I HOPE that isn't happening.
- Chemistry - gen, Friday, April 5, 2013 at 4:38pm
- Chemistry - WRONG, Saturday, May 16, 2015 at 12:41am
THESE ARE MOSTLY WRONG DO NOT USE BIG WRONG ANSWERS ME FAIL TEST :((((((((((((((
- Chemistry - Dave, Tuesday, November 24, 2015 at 3:09pm
Dang it i failed. Why did you post this? YOUTE NOT HELPING ANYONE
- Chemistry - unknown, Friday, March 18, 2016 at 5:41pm
- Chemistry - Anon, Thursday, March 24, 2016 at 1:49pm
^^ these are all correct, just took the quiz!
- Chemistry - Lana Del Rey, Friday, April 1, 2016 at 10:29am
These are correct btw
- Chemistry - RealNiqqa, Friday, April 1, 2016 at 2:24pm
unknown answers are correct.
- Chemistry - Chrissy, Thursday, April 14, 2016 at 11:38am
Unknown is completely correct, i got 100. Thank you!
- Chemistry - Rach Horrigan, Thursday, April 14, 2016 at 2:52pm
I just got a 100! unknown is correct! Thanks man!
- Chemistry - noggerkiller, Tuesday, May 3, 2016 at 4:41pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Chemistry - The first electrochemical cell was invented by ____. Michael Faraday...
- Chemistry - Which of the following metals is oxidized by calcium ions? potassium...
- Chemistry - Of the following metals, which ions are most easily reduced? ...
- general chemistry - I need the oxidation half reactions, reduction half ...
- chemistry - need help drawing an electrochemical cell that could be used to ...
- chemistry- electrochemical cell - What makes this an oxidation-reaction? 3Ag2S+...
- English - 1. My favorite book is The Autobiography of Benjamin Franklin. It was ...
- Chemistry - Which of the following combinations would require an electrolytic ...
- chemisty - Consider the following unbalanced equation between copper(I) ions and...
- Chem - This is a lab concerning activity serious of metals and calculation of ...