Posted by Kris on Thursday, March 28, 2013 at 11:29am.
I have a few questions I need help with! Please explain if my answer was not right how you got to it. I got 1.) B 2.) A 3.) C
1. Solve the system by triangularizing the augmented matrix and using back substitution. If the system is linearly dependent, give the solution in terms of a parameter.
C.) Coincident dependence; (x,y,z)|3x+yz=4}
D.) No solution, inconsistent
2. Solve the system by triangularizing the augmented matrix and using back substitution.
3. What row operation would produce zero beneath the first entry in the diagonal?
1 2 | -1
8 -2 | -2
A.) 8R1-R2--> R2
B.) -8R1-R2 -->R2
C.) -R1+R2 --> R2
D.) 8R1-R2 --> R2
- Algebra Multiple choice revised!! HELP - Steve, Thursday, March 28, 2013 at 1:43pm
#1 - look at the equations. They are all the same. That is, they are multiples of each other. So, (C)
#2. (D) Did you check your answer to see whether it actually fits the equations?
#3. (A) and (D) are the same, so I suspect a typo. Anyway, you want to get rid of the 8, so you know you have to multiply R1 by 8 and subtract R2.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Algebra multiple choice! - I have a few questions I need help with! Please ...
- Math (Algebra) - Gretchen and Ezia received equal scores on a test made up of ...
- math - Louann and Carla received equal scores on a test made up of multiple ...
- algbrea - Francine and Cheryl received equal scores on a test made up of ...
- algebra - I need to find the inverse of this function f(x)=9x+7 please show ...
- Algebra Multiple Choice - Hello, This is the last of questions I have for my ...
- Algebra - A test consist of 15 multiple choice questions, 12 true-false ...
- Math please check - I think I have the right answer, but I am not 100% sure how ...
- Math - Mia took a test with 60 multiple-choice questions. Her teacher told her ...
- Calculus Please Help - I think I have the right answer, but I am not 100% sure ...