Posted by Anonymous on Thursday, March 28, 2013 at 11:27am.
if in a spinner of 1-8
if the probability of even numbers is 4/8 and probability of multiple of 3 is 2/8. isn't the answer 6/8/
math - saiko, Thursday, March 28, 2013 at 11:34am
multiple of 3 are 3,6
so the probability is 2/8
math - Anonymous, Thursday, March 28, 2013 at 11:36am
i know but the question is to find the probability of even number from 1-8 which is 4/8 and multiples of 3 from 1-8 which is 2/8. so if you add them isn't the answer 6/8
math - Reiny, Thursday, March 28, 2013 at 12:02pm
Don't blame saiko, you didn't even ask the correct question originally
so you want the prob( the number is even And multiples of 3)
the evens are 2 4 6 8
multiples of 3 are 3 6
so the only number which is even and is a multiple of 3 is the number 6
so the prob(of your event) = 1/8
if your sentence would contain the word OR, then there would be 5 numbers, and the
prob = 5/8
What is the actual question?
math - Bob, Thursday, March 28, 2013 at 8:39pm
The real answer is 69
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math - A spinner has numbers 1-16 on it. Probability of 6? 1/16 Probability not ...
- PROBABILITY MATH - a spinner has regions numbered through 1-21 what is the ...
- math probability - this is a probability question... Suppose you are asked to ...
- Math - A spinner has regions numbered 1 through 21. What is the probability that...
- math - The spinner below is used in a game, if you spin the spinner once what is...
- Math - What is the probability of rolling a number cube and getting an even ...
- statistics - A spinner has equal regions numbered 1 through 21. What is the ...
- Pre-Algebra (Probability) - The theoretical probability of spinning an even ...
- math - can you help me find the probability to the question? A spinner like the ...
- algebra - An experiment consists of spinning a spinner. The odds in favor of the...