Posted by Anonymous on Wednesday, March 27, 2013 at 6:09pm.
Indentify the tense of the underlined verb in each sentence below.
1). Statistics IS a branch of mathematics.
2). It DEALS with the study of numerical data.
3). Many people HAVE STUDIED statistics for work or fun.
4). Batting averages and scoring averages REPRESENT statistics.
5). People HAVE COMPILED statistics for thousands of years.
6). Ancient Egyptians KEPT records of their livestock and crops.
7). Ancient Hebrews TOOK a census after they left Egypt.
8). Later, the Romans CONDUCTED a census of their own.
9). People WILL GATHER statistics for many years to come.
10). By the next century, people WILL HAVE BENEFITED from statistics for nearly four thousand years.
3). Present perfect.
5). Present perfect.
10). Future perfect.
Grammar (Ms. Sue) - Anonymous, Wednesday, March 27, 2013 at 6:17pm
Are my answers correct?
Grammar (Ms. Sue) - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, March 27, 2013 at 6:18pm
Yay! All are correct!
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English - 1) What is the principal part of the underlined verb in the sentence? ...
- environmental science - Please check this: Scientists use statistics to a. graph...
- English Grammar - You work hard. In this sentence, 'work' is the form of the ...
- Grammar - The student......for the final exam. was studying /studied hardy did ...
- UNIVERSITY COMPOSITION AND COMMUNICATION I - write 9 sentences about financial ...
- english - I wrote five sentences but they all have to have different verb tense...
- READING - UNDERLINE THE VERB OR VERB GROUP IN EACH SENTENCE. THEN WRITE A NEW ...
- statistics - The data below are the final exam scores of 10 randomly selected ...
- English, please help - Which sentence below has an underlined action verb? A. ...
- english - which form of verb tense is the underlined phrase in the following ...