Posted by Lee on Wednesday, March 27, 2013 at 11:42am.
A man has a rectangular garden. One length of the garden lies along a patio wall. However the rest of the garden is enclosed by 32 feet of fencing. If the length of the garden is twice its width, what is the area of the garden.
- Unknow - Steve, Wednesday, March 27, 2013 at 11:46am
the garden is 8x16 so the area is 128ft^2
- Unknow - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, March 27, 2013 at 11:48am
If you don't know what your School Subject is, who does? I suspect it's math.
P = 2L + 2W
32 = L + 2(0.5L)
32 = 2L
16 = L
- Unknow - Lee, Wednesday, March 27, 2013 at 11:54am
Its not a school subject. its college
- Unknow - Lee, Wednesday, March 27, 2013 at 12:00pm
And Ms.sue. Your wrong. Cause if the length is 16 then the width is 8 and that will equal 24. Nice try
- Unknow - Steve, Wednesday, March 27, 2013 at 12:18pm
Ms Sue is right. 16+8+8=32
There are two widths
- Unknow - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, March 27, 2013 at 12:21pm
I'm so sorry, Lee, that you don't realize that college is a school. At least most colleges are schools for educating students. What is the name of your college?
A fence needs to go around the entire garden. It has two lengths and two widths, right? One length lies along the wall. That means that two widths and one length are enclosed by the fence.
16 + 8 + 8 = 32
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math - a person has a rectangular garden one length of the garden lies along the...
- Elementary Algebra - the width of a garden is 4 times it width the wall of her ...
- math - You have 540 feet of fencing to enclose a rectangular garden. You want ...
- Algebra - You are in the process of planning a garden in your back yard. The ...
- math - The Aesthetic Garden Problem. A landscape architect wants the length of ...
- Math - A homeowner designs a rectangular garden such that the length is 20 feet ...
- math - Ted is helping his father plant their vegetable garden this year. They ...
- Maath:) - Sam is going to plant a rectangular flower garden next to his house. ...
- Algebra - The perimeter of a rectangular garden is 35 feet. The length of the ...
- math - A gardener wants to use 62 feet of fencing to enclose a rectangular ...