Posted by asia on Tuesday, March 26, 2013 at 11:35pm.
use the seven step method to graph the following rational function:
a. determine the symmetry of the function.
b. find the x and y intercepts.
c. find the verticle asymptote
d.find the horizontal asymptote
e.plot the points between and beyond the x intercept and verticle asymptote.
I don't get any of this. help me please?
pre calculus - Steve, Wednesday, March 27, 2013 at 11:17am
How can you not get any of this?
symmetry may be a bit tough:
f(x) = (3x+4)(x-1) / x(2x-5)
I don't see any symmetry there at all.
the intercepts are easy, right?
Vertical asymptote where denominator si zero
horizontal asymptote is y when x gets huge. There, all the small powers of x become insignificant, and you are working with
3x^2/2x^2 = 3/2
visit wolframalpha.com and enter
for a graph
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Seven step method - Use the seven step method described in the book to graph the...
- math-please help,need quickly - find the slant asymptote of the graphof the ...
- College Algebra HELP - Use the seven step method described in the book to graph ...
- Pre-Calculus - Rational Functions does the following function have a hole or a ...
- algebra - find the slant asymptote of the graph of the rational function and use...
- pre-cal - what is the slant asymptote of the graph of the rational function and ...
- College Algebra - 1.Use completing the square to describe the graph of the ...
- Math - Use the following information to construct a suitable rational function f...
- College Algebra - Using the 7 steps outlined in section 4.3 of your book, ...
- Gr.11 - Rational functions graphing. - 1. Identify a rational function whose ...