Posted by Olly on Tuesday, March 26, 2013 at 10:15pm.
can someone please help me, i posted this like 3 times. i need help on a couple of questions. I did all my other questions but i need a lot of help with the word problems...
1. The side length of a small square is s. A larger square has a perimeter of 124.8 cm. Its sides are 3.2 cm longer than those of the small square.
a) represent the situation with an equation of the form a(x + b) = c. Then determine the side length of the smaller square.
b.) verify your solution by using a model.
2. Valerie bought five packages of golf balls on sale for $29.50. Each package had a discount of $2.75. Write and solve an equation to determine the regular price of each package.
MATH, 3rd time i posted this - Reiny, Tuesday, March 26, 2013 at 10:25pm
I read it and thought it was a lot to do about nothing.
side of larger square = 124.8/4= 31.2
31.2 is 3.2 longer than the side of the smaller square
so the side of the smaller square is 28
Make a model ??
each golfball package costs 29.5/5 = $5.90
This $5.90 was after a discount of $2.75
So the regular price of one package was 5.90+2.75 = $8.65
Asking to write the above as an equation, when there is no need for it, makes students dislike math.
MATH, 3rd time i posted this - Olly, Tuesday, March 26, 2013 at 10:30pm
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Jiskha - I typed several questions and answers regarding the subject of ...
- Math HELP! - I posted a few questions and then went back and posted how I ...
- PLEASE HELP ME MATH - someone please help i hav posted my questions like 5 times...
- social 10 COULD SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME! - Historical Globalization & IMPERIALISM...
- math 140 - I have two questions posted that has not been answered please help. ...
- To Fay1985 - math - Your post was removed. Please tell us your thinking on the ...
- To:Jasmine20 - Guru is like a master. Did you had help with the questions and ...
- Math - 1) Prove that for every x>=0 and 0<a<1 x^a-ax<=1-a 2)prove ...
- Chemistry - I've posted this question now three times and no one has responded...
- Chemistry - Okay so I understand this is incredibly unconventional, but I have a...