Posted by ray on Tuesday, March 26, 2013 at 2:18pm.
Emergent literacy skills are enhanced by
a.quantity and quality of print and audio-visual resources
b. the family socio-economic status and aspirations
c.engaging in literacy event with other persons especially adults
d. the educational or professional level of one or both parents
i choose (c)
Which of the following examples best illustrates a metalinguistic strategy designed to shape a child's concept of Print
a. the first page with words is the beginning of the story
b. What words would you like to add to the pictures you have drawn?
c. what book will you bring for share n tell
d.who can tell which colors we mix to make green
i choose (a)
edu - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, March 26, 2013 at 2:20pm
I agree with your first answer, but not your second.
edu - ray, Tuesday, March 26, 2013 at 2:30pm
my text says Use mentalinguistic strategies to talk explicitly about the concept of prints: "This first page is the beginning of the book." "Let's turn to the next page." "This page has lots of words in it." "Who can guess what the words on this page says?" " This is the last page so it's the end of the story."
edu - Writeacher, Tuesday, March 26, 2013 at 3:16pm
Then, Ray, why did you ask the question if the answer is so clear to you?
edu - ray, Tuesday, March 26, 2013 at 3:49pm
because i wanted to be sure of my answers
edu - Writeacher, Tuesday, March 26, 2013 at 4:04pm
When certain words (or even current buzzwords in educationese) are involved, you need to depend on whatever your text says. There's no guarantee that anyone here, especially any of us retired teachers, will have even the vaguest clue what your question means.
I have to tell you that I agreed with Ms. Sue when I first saw her answer. Simply to be a term to teach kids what is where in a book is not how I would take the word "metalinguistics" -- be sure to read the article she linked for you so you get the REAL idea of what this word means.
edu - bobpursley, Tuesday, March 26, 2013 at 4:26pm
I have a new job title for someone in school administration: Metalinguistic awareness facilitator. That ought to be a real comfy position.
edu - Writeacher, Tuesday, March 26, 2013 at 4:37pm
Bob, you're absolutely right. LOL!!
edu - ray, Tuesday, March 26, 2013 at 5:14pm
ok thank you all for your help i really appreciate it
edu - Writeacher, Tuesday, March 26, 2013 at 5:19pm
You're welcome, Ray. Do well.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- cultral diversity - Help! check my answer Emergent literacy skills are ...
- Early child ed. /literacy question - I posted this question yesterday- and some ...
- developmental reading - I need the similarities and differences in each of the ...
- stats - There are four major political parties in the country Treon. A public ...
- educational technology - 1. Define audio visual/instructional media. 2. Cite an ...
- Stats - There are four major political parties in the country Treon. A public ...
- Children's Reading and Writing Habits - Research findings have shown that: A. ...
- Literacy - Which would have the greatest negative influence on child literacy? ...
- Can someone proof read my essay - It's supposed to be a subjective essay on the ...
- Visual Literacy - What are the factors that determine whether or not a print ...