Posted by Anna on Tuesday, March 26, 2013 at 1:58pm.
Here is one of my questions from my physics study. It tells me the answer (35 J), but how do I find that answer? I would appreciate a formula or step by step calculation. Thanks! :)
A 30 kg kid on rollerskates is moving 1 m/s. His brother pushes him with a force of 5 N. What will be his kinetic energy after his brother pushes him 4.0 m? (35 J)
- PHYSICS - formula? - Steve, Tuesday, March 26, 2013 at 2:44pm
What acceleration does the pushing impart?
a = 1/6
How long does it take to go 4m, starting at 1m/s?
s = Vo t + 1/2 at^2
4 = t + 1/2 * 1/6 t^2
t^2 + 12t - 48 = 0
t = 4
What's the speed after 4 seconds?
v = Vo+at
= 1 + 1/6 * 4
What's the KE then?
KE = 1/2 mv^2
= 1/2 (30)(5/3)^2
Hmmm. better check my math.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- PHYSICS - Here is one of my questions from my physics study. It tells me the ...
- Chemistry - Hi Please help verify my answer to the following question: 0.500g of...
- TRIGONOMETRY - Can someone please show me step by step solutions? I'd appreciate...
- Check my physics - Would you mind checking one of my problems from my physics ...
- Chemistry - Please check my answers for the following questions. THANK YOU. 1) ...
- Physics PLEASE - I'm trying to derive the formula v^2 = v0^2 + 2a(x-x0) were ...
- Physics - Hi! I am going to apply for a medical study admission test and where ...
- chem - ok my professor lost me when explaining this material so please bare with...
- PHYSICS - Hi! I have some questions from a study guide in my physics class, and ...
- Physics - Hi! i am going to apply for a medical study admission test and where ...