Posted by Delilah on Monday, March 25, 2013 at 6:43pm.
Which statement best describes the government of Canada? (1 point)
The monarch of Britain has total control over Canada.
The Canadian parliament is ruled by the United States.
Canada has complete power over its own government.
The prime minister is the monarch of Canada.
What was the result of the 1995 referendum held in Quebec? (1 point)
Quebec separated from Canada.
French became the official language of Canada.
Quebec's people voted to remain part of Canada.
Quebec became part of France.
One way that European settlement changed the lives of the native peoples in the Plains region was by (1 point)
exposing them to new diseases.
building schools for their children.
giving them free land.
teaching them how to farm their land.
What happened after Canada advertised free land in European newspapers in the late 1800s and early 1900s? (1 point)
People left Canada for Europe.
Canadians moved from the farms to the cities.
Early Spanish, British, and Russian explorers of what is now British Columbia came to the region in order to (1 point)
What was one effect of the 1858 gold rush on Vancouver Island? (1 point)
The population increased.
How have residents of Canada's eastern coast dealt with changes in the fishing industry? (1 point)
They have completely given up fishing.
They only fish for cod.
They have banned aquaculture.
They concentrated on other economic activities.
How has the geography and climate of the Northern Territories influenced the population? (1 point)
Very little of Canada's population lives there.
Most of Canada's population live there.
The population is entirely indigenous.
No indigenous peoples live there.
How do Canada's territories differ from Canadian provinces? (1 point)
More wheat is grown there.
No English is spoken there.
They are governed differently.
The terrain is less rugged.
British Columbia's geography and trade partners create a strong link with the area known as (1 point)
the Pacific Rim.
1. Canada has complete power over its own government.
2. French became the official language of Canada.
3. exposing them to new diseases.
4. Immigration increased.
6. The population increased.
7. They concentrated on other economic activities.
8. Very little of Canada's population lives there.
9. They are governed differently.
10. Western Europe.
- Social Studies Ms. Sue please - Ms. Sue, Monday, March 25, 2013 at 6:49pm
2, 5, 10 are wrong.
- Social Studies Ms. Sue please - Delilah, Monday, March 25, 2013 at 6:52pm
2. Quebec's people voted to remain part of Canada.
10. Eastern Europe.
- Social Studies Ms. Sue please - Delilah, Monday, March 25, 2013 at 7:03pm
i am not sure about 10 is it right?
- Social Studies Ms. Sue please - Ms. Sue, Monday, March 25, 2013 at 7:08pm
2 and 5 are right now.
- Social Studies Ms. Sue please - Delilah, Monday, March 25, 2013 at 7:13pm
Okay thank you. I finally changed my answer for 10 to Pacific Rim
- Social Studies Ms. Sue please - Ms. Sue, Monday, March 25, 2013 at 7:19pm
Yay! You're welcome.
Answer this Question
ms.sue(social studies) - Ms.Sue about the question of the the Protestant ...
Help Please - For social studies I sent replies, please do read them Ms Sue, ...
SOCIAL STUDIES - Explain the Political and Social results of the reformation. Ms...
Social Studies Repost for Alexi - social studies - alexi, Monday, October 22, ...
Social Studies Repost for Samantha - Social studies - Samantha, Tuesday, October...
Social studies repost for jen - social studies - jen, Sunday, September 16, 2007...
Social studies repost for Anonymous - Posted by Anonymous on Sunday, October 14...
SOCIAL STUDIES PLEASE HELP - please read what i have posted for social studies ...
Social Studies repost for Tiffany - SOCIAL STUDIES - Tiffany, Monday, September ...
Social Studies Repost for Kim - social studies - Kim, Thursday, October 18, 2007...