Posted by Krystien on Monday, March 25, 2013 at 6:41pm.
A carnival Ferris wheel with a radius of 7 m makes one complete revolution every 16s. The bottom of the wheel is 1.5 m above the ground.
Find the amplitude, vertical shift, phase shift and k value and period. Do all calculations and then make your final equation.
Predict how the graph and equation will change if the Ferris wheel turns more slowly.
Katlyn Krystien - Math - Reiny, Monday, March 25, 2013 at 7:05pm
Please stick to one name, don't switch names from one post to another.
this question is similar to the one you posted as Katlyn
since the radius is 7 m, a = 7
remember : period = 2π/k , where k is the coefficient of your trig function ... sin (kt)
so 2π/k = 16
16k = 2π
k = 2π/16 = π/8
so far we have height = 7 sin (π/8)t
the way the curve is, and ground is zero, the lowest point would be -7, but we want the lowest point to be 1.5, so wouldn't we have to raise the curve up 8.5 ?
so far we have : height = 7 sin (πt/8) + 8.5
since you did not state where you want the bottom of the wheel to be at a given time, I cannot find the phase shift
As the wheel slows down, the period would become longer, and the sine curve would be stretched horizontally, nothing happens vertically.
Math - Krystien, Monday, March 25, 2013 at 7:08pm
I have 2 names krystien and katlyn sometimes katlyien
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Trigonometry - A carnival Ferris wheel with a radius of 7 m makes one complete ...
- Trig - As you ride a ferris wheel, your distance from the ground varies ...
- trig - 1. A Ferris wheel with a radius of 7m makes one complete revolution every...
- Math - Trigonometry - You are riding the ferris wheel at the Montgomery County ...
- Math (Trig) - a ferris wheel has a radius of 10m and is one meter above the ...
- Math - need help ASAP!! Please! - The question relates to application of sine ...
- Math - The rim of the London Eye (a 135m diameter ferris wheel) moves 26 cm/sec...
- Trigonometric Functions! (Ferris Wheel) - The Ferris wheel at a carnival has a ...
- calculus - Eric is standing on the ground, a distance of 70 ft from the bottom ...
- math - A ferris wheel has radius of 25 m and its centre is 27 m above the ground...