Posted by Isis on Monday, March 25, 2013 at 6:01pm.
Wesley and Delia are playing a math game. Wesley gives Delia these step to follow.
Step 1: Multiply a number by 6 and then subtract by 4.
Step 2: Divide the result by 2
Step 3: Add 3 to the result from the second step.
If Delia's final answer is 19, What was the original number?
PLEASE HELP ME!!!
Pre-calculus. - Reiny, Monday, March 25, 2013 at 6:28pm
suppose you pick x
1: 6x - 4
2: (6x-4)/2 = 3x-2
then 3x-2 = 19
3x = 21
x = 7
Delia picked 7
or you can just do everything with inverse operations on reverse order
last thing she did was divide by 2
so first thing we do is multiply by 2
19x2 = 38
the middle thing she did was subtract 4, so we will add 4
the first thing she did was to multiply be 6, so the last thing we will do is divide by 6
42÷6 = 7
How about that ???
Pre-calculus. - Isis, Monday, March 25, 2013 at 7:47pm
i guess it will help.. thank you :)
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- algebra - I need a step by step explanation on how to add these two equations 2x...
- ALGEBRA HELP - When solving the equation, what property was used to go from step...
- Quick math help - In which step below does a mistake first appear in simplifying...
- pre algebra - solve the equation step by step.list each step along with the ...
- aps - There are 26 step on flpor at the time saad comes down two step imad step ...
- Algebra help - f(x)=x^3-4x^2-x+4 How do I find the x-intercept for this? This is...
- Chemistry - In a chain mechanism, a reaction in which two free radicals combine ...
- Math - In which step is the error? Step 1: Let x = 1 and y = 1. Step 2: By ...
- CHEM - The decomposition of nitrogen dioxide 2NO2-->2NO+O2 occurs in a two-...
- Algebra 1--Step-by-Step - Can someone show me how to solve these step-by-step? ...