Posted by Ariel on Monday, March 25, 2013 at 9:56am.
Nora rides a bicycle for 5 min on a curvy road at a constant speeed of 10 m/s . Describe noras ride in terms of position, velocity, and acceleration, compare the distance she rides and her displacement.
Physics - bobpursley, Monday, March 25, 2013 at 10:03am
I will be happy to critique your thinkng.
Physics - Ariel, Monday, March 25, 2013 at 10:10am
Ok, her position changed over time since the road is curved.
The velocity changed since the direction is changing
AccelerTion: theres a change in velocity since the direction changes
Direction: changed over time
Displacement : difference between 1st and final position
Physics - Ariel, Monday, March 25, 2013 at 10:12am
Distance 10 m/s and displacement : 9 m/s
Physics - Ariel, Monday, March 25, 2013 at 10:25am
Actualy the distance is speed x time
Physics - bobpursley, Monday, March 25, 2013 at 10:28am
That is ok, except for distance and displacement. distance is 5*60sec*10m/s=3000m. Displacement you have no idea because of the curves.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Physics - i have the answers to these i just need explanations; steps on how to ...
- Physics (acceleration) - 1. Jasmine rode a horse down a path headed north. she ...
- physics - a child and a bicycle have a mass of 45kg together. The child rides ...
- Math - Jan and Nika ride their bikes. Jan rides 5 miles per hour for 1 hour then...
- math - If Cathy walks for 2 h and rides her bicycle for 1 h, she can travel 36 ...
- Physics - A person of mass 50kg rides an elevator whose motion consist of (a)...
- precalculus - Gloria is planning to ride her bicycle near the transmitter of a ...
- math - Luis rides his bicycle 3:4 of a mike in 5 minutes,or 1:12 hour,along the ...
- Math - A woman rides her bicycle from her house to and from a lake. It takes her...
- Math - alicia rides 25% of a 100 mile trip the first day. she rides 331/3% of ...