Posted by Jerald on Saturday, March 23, 2013 at 5:01pm.
16.Eliot spent 24 minutes solving 8 math problems.At that rate, how many math problems can he solve in 54 minutes?
Can you explain why it isnt a
- Math - Ms. Sue, Saturday, March 23, 2013 at 5:05pm
24/8 = 3 minutes per problem
54/3 = 18 problems in 54 minutes
Another way to solve this problem is to set up a proportion. Cross multiply and solve for x.
8/24 = x/54
24x = 432
x = 432/24
x = 18
- Math - k, Saturday, March 23, 2013 at 5:13pm
C.because it takes 3 min per problem which equal out to 8 problem in 24 min and in 54 min you can solve 18.
- Math - Jerald, Saturday, March 23, 2013 at 5:24pm
Oh,thanks! I get it now
- Math - Ms. Sue, Saturday, March 23, 2013 at 5:31pm
You're welcome. :-)
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math - 14.Henry rides his bike 6 miles every 4 days at that rate how far will he...
- Math - 16.Eliot spent 24 minutes solving 8 math problems.At that rate, how many ...
- algebra - Abby spent 5 1/2 minutes solving 5 math problems on her homework. How ...
- math conversion factors - 1. Homework problems solved in 2 hours 30 minutes at a...
- Math - A person exercises for a total of 25 minutes. Of the 25, 20 minutes is at...
- algebra - how do I help my son answer this question/ cary spent 1/3 of his class...
- Math - Kenneth has 22 math problems to do for homework. He has 12 problems done....
- math - In a 3 hour examination of 350 questions, there are 50 mathematics ...
- Math - I am having problems understanding how to solve problems like the ...
- math - Ben can complete 4 math problems in 20 minutes. If he continues working ...