Posted by kristina on Thursday, March 21, 2013 at 4:42pm.
The Barbizon painters were known for their urban, studio created nudes
true or false
The Pre-Raphaelites advocated an urban, Parisian sophistication in their art:
true or false
Art - Ms. Sue, Thursday, March 21, 2013 at 4:54pm
What didn't you understand about the answer I posted earlier this afternoon?
Art - Knights, Thursday, March 21, 2013 at 4:57pm
1. quote from wikipedia, "...artists gathered at Barbizon ... making nature the subject of their paintings." So, false
2, another quote from wikipedia, "The brotherhood's early doctrines were expressed in four declarations:
to have genuine ideas to express
to study nature attentively, so as to know how to express them
to sympathise with what is direct and serious and heartfelt in previous art, to the exclusion of what is conventional and self-parodying and learned by rote
most indispensable of all, to produce thoroughly good pictures and statues"
I leave it to you to decide
Art - kristina, Thursday, March 21, 2013 at 6:09pm
it didn't show up on my end for some reason Sue. thanks though
so it would be fals correct since they violating conventional views of both proper style and subject.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Art - The Barbizon painters were known for their urban, studio created nudes ...
- art help needed - #1. Corot painted only in his studio using professional models...
- art history help please! - If you could please check these and just let me know ...
- 7th grade health true or false - 11. Disagreements are a normal part of life. (1...
- Physical Ed - 11. Disagreements are a normal part of life. (1 point) True False ...
- last 4 art questions - 1. Connoisseurship was a process in 19th century ...
- historic art facts - 1. Connoisseurship was a process in 19th century ...
- Chemistry: Answer check please! - 1. Reactions follow the law of conservation of...
- health! - True or False. Washing your hands can help protect you from dangerous ...
- Reading - can you help me thank you: 2.Detecting bias is one of the major keys ...