Posted by Brica89 on Wednesday, March 20, 2013 at 10:20pm.
PLEASE HELP ME THESE THE ONLY ONES I COULDNT FIND THANK U SO MUCH
1.Which of the following is not a key consideration when developing a piece of writing?
A.The timeliness of the message
B.The purpose of the message
C.The intended audience
D.The format of the message
2.In which of these sentences is the punctuation incorrect?
A.My brother,who works for the government, was just promoted.
B.Listen, oh listen,to the song of the lark.
C.I perfer my eggs scrambled,poached,or sunny side up.
D.Well we should get started on our project.
3.Which of the following is not a ture statement regarding the writing process?
A.It can be instrumental in developing a quality paper
B.It can be used to develop any type of writing.
C.It can guide the author from planning through the final draft.
D.It can be used only for research projects.
4.In which of the following sentences is the comma used correctly?
A.Johnson is my attorney, he finally broke the silence.
B.Frieda packed her suitecase with clothing,accessories and paperback books.
C.Giving it their best,none of the swimmers brok John Gore's record.
D.Patrick,the star player is the only freshman on the team.
5.The pricipal parts of a verb are
A.base form,past tense, past participe,future tense.
B.base form,helping verb,past participe.
C.present tense, present participle, past tense, part participle.
D.present tense, past tense, future tense.
6.In which sentence is a homonym used correctly?
A.I would not want to be there mother.
B.He could not break quickly enough to aviod the accident.
C.Wherever you go,their you are.
D.He replaced the brake lining.
7.A run-on sentence is a group of words with
B.a compound predicate and subject.
C.two or more sentences written as one.
D.no subject .
8.In which sentence is a homophone used correctly?
A.How many ours we have to wait?
B.The old miner was lost in the desert.
C.If you ask me, there'sno hobby like fishing.
D.Karen's new dog had flees.
9.which one of the following sentences includes an error in subjet-verb agreement?
A.Laverne, who's married, and Shirley, who's single, both walk their dogs.
B.Carrie and Lucille work in the cafeteria.
C.Neither Hannibal nor her pups is in the kitchen.
D.Either June or her children are going to the movies tonight.
10.In which sntence do you find subject-verb agreement?
A.Where is your keys to my car.
B.Neither the clarinets nor the trumpets plays the melody correctly.
C.Farley or Farley's brother is helping me with the project.
D.If you look carefully, you'll see tomatoes is on the aisle.
- basic english makeup - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, March 20, 2013 at 10:23pm
It looks as though you'd better look again for these answers. Ten unanswered questions show that you need to go back and learn this information.
I'll get you started:
- basic english makeup - Anonymous, Thursday, March 21, 2013 at 2:34pm
Now can u scheck it Ms.Sue
- basic english makeup - Ms. Sue, Thursday, March 21, 2013 at 5:33pm
Four of the eight are either wrong or missing.
Wrong: 3, 5, 8
Answer this Question
- Ms. Sue - Can you check my answers on basic english makeup exam please
- confused creative writing - In creative nonfiction, a quote is differentiated ...
- english - Metaphors 1. Love is a lemon-either bitter or sweet this is the only ...
- Art - Please help whenever you can :) A viewer examines a work of art in a style...
- Art (Asap) - Please help whenever you can :) A viewer examines a work of art in ...
- History - I'm writing a research paper and i need help finding out what these me...
- english-please revise - Question: What was your experience with the Center for ...
- Please Help! - A viewer examines a work of art in a style he normally does not ...
- Chem - Which of the following will be more soluble in an acidic solution than ...
- writing skills - 14. Once you acquire these two basic skills, you'll be able to ...