Posted by Jennifer W. on Wednesday, March 20, 2013 at 1:57pm.
I need help with figuring out how to do these problems to get the right answer. Appreciate any help. Thanks.
1. What is the value of n so that the expression x² + 12x + n is a perfect square trinomial?
2. What are the solutions of the equation x2 + 4x = 96?
3. What are the solutions of the equation x2 + 14x = –130?
4. A rocket is launched from atop a 105-foot cliff with an initial velocity of 156 ft/s. The height of the rocket above the ground at time t is given by h = –16t2 + 156t + 105. When will the rocket hit the ground after it is launched? Round to the nearest tenth of a second.
AlgebraB-2 - Steve, Wednesday, March 20, 2013 at 3:21pm
since (x+a)^2 = x^2+2a+a^2, you need 2a=12, and n=a^2
what factors of 96 are 4 apart?
(x-12)(x+8) = 0
the discriminant is 196-420 < 0
set h=0 and solve for t
–16t^2 + 156t + 105 = 0
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Advanced Alegebra - How do I solve the following problems? My homework was to ...
- math - Is this the right way to answer this question? A physics exam consists of...
- Algebra I - Match expressions from this list that are equivalent but written in ...
- SOLVE -MATH - A physics exam consists of 9 multiple choice questions and 6 open-...
- Statiatics - A student ran out of time on a multiple choice exam and randomly ...
- MATH - A physics exam consists of 9 multiple choice questions and 6 open-ended ...
- Math - A physics exam consists of 9 multiple-choice questions and 6 open-ended ...
- Statistical concept 68-95-99.7 - 1. A student taking a midterm exam in Ancient ...
- stats - It is a multiple choice exam with 12 problems, each problem has 5 ...
- Geometry Multiple Choice Question Please Help! - Find the value of x. If ...