Posted by zachary on Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 11:44pm.
find the composite function fog
f(X) = 1/X-5,g(x)-6/x
find inverse, domain range and asymatotes of each function
can some one help me please been stuck on these for 2 days need help solving thank you
- urgent urgent algebra - Steve, Wednesday, March 20, 2013 at 11:27am
assuming a typo, I see
f(x) = 1/(x-5)
g(x) = 6/x
so, f◦g = f(g) = 1/(g-5)
check for some value, say, x=2:
g(2) = 3
f(3) = -1/2
(f◦g)(2)=2/(6-5*2) = 2/-4 = -1/2
y-3 = e^(4-x)
ln(y-3) = 4-x
x = 4 - ln(y-3)
so, f^-1(x) = 4 - ln(x-3)
domain of f is all reals
range is y>3
asymptote is y=3
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- algebra - 1 (a) A function passes through the points (0, -5), (1, 0), (2, 7). ...
- math - find the domain of the composite function fog. f(x)=x/x-2;g(x)=-8/x a. ...
- College Algebra - Find the inverse of the function below. Graph the function ...
- college algebra, Please help!! - find the domain of the composite function of ...
- Pre-calculus - Given the following values for f(t): t : f(t) 3 : -7 6 : 6 9 : 19...
- pre calculus - Find the inverse of the function below. Graph the function below ...
- Math 3 - Find the inverse of the function f(x) = 5 – e^(x-1). Determine the ...
- college algebra - f(x)=√x-2 Find the domain of the function is it x-2 the ...
- college algebra--I really need help!! - Find the domain of the composite ...
- Domain of composite function - Find the domain of the composite function fog. f(...