Posted by tyneisha on Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 4:29pm.
1.)A number decreased by 32 is -58. Find the number.
The number is ____. (Give only the value of the number as your answer.
2.)The product of 14 and n is -28. Write the algebraic equation
3.)A blue bike is $14 less than a red bike. The sum of their prices is $300. How much is the red bike?
4.)Alex is six years older than his sister, Emma. The sum of their ages is 32. How old is Alex?
Alex is ____ years old.
5.)Mrs. Computer is 3 times older than her daughter, Mousy. The sum of their ages is 52. How old is Mousy?
Mousy is ____ years old
6.)Mike is 5 years more than twice as old as Tom. The sum of their ages is 65. How old is Mike?
7.)The sum of three consecutive integers is 108. Which equation would be used to solve this word problem? (HINT: The equation has been simplified some...)
3x + 3 = 108
3x = 108
3(x+3) = 108
3x + 1 = 108
- math ALG 2! - PsyDAG, Wednesday, March 20, 2013 at 1:53pm
1. x - 32 = -58
Solve for x.
2. 14n = -28
3. r = b + 14
r + b = 300
Substitute b+14 for e in second equation and solve for b. If you want, insert that value into the first equation and solve for r. Check by inserting both values into the second equation.
4-6. Use similar method to 3.
7. x + x+1 +x+2 = 108
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math ALG 2! - 1.)A number decreased by 32 is -58. Find the number. The number is...
- math urgent :( - 1.)A number decreased by 32 is -58. Find the number. The number...
- 6th grade math - Can you check these problems, please? Translate each phrase ...
- math - one-half of a number is 8 less than two-thirds of the number. write ...
- Geometry - one-half of a number is 8 less than two-thirds of the number. write ...
- Algebra 1 - Two fewer than a number doubled is the same as the number decreased ...
- Math - Can you help me write these out in an algebraic expression? 1. Seven less...
- Math correction - (1)Translate the following statement into an algebraic ...
- Math - Write the word sentence as an equation. The product of a number m and 2 ...
- math - Which word phrase can be modeled by the expression? Choose all that apply...