Posted by ttuuffyy on Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 3:54pm.
Find 3 equivalent fractions for 4/12.
fractions - Writeacher, Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 3:58pm
One is 1/3.
What else can you think of?
fractions - ttuuffyy, Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 4:00pm
Well I thought 2/4 was one.
fractions - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 4:08pm
No. 2/4 is not equivalent to 4/12.
Do you see how Writeacher got 1/3 from 4/12?
4 divided by 4 = 1
12 divided by 4 = 3
Let's try another.
4/12 = 2/6
Do you see how I got that?
fractions - ttuuffyy, Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 4:15pm
Yes you divide by 2.But I need 1 more.
fractions - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 4:37pm
What happens if you multiply the numerator and denominator by 2?
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math - Shelly and Marcom are selling popcorn for their music club. Each of them ...
- Math - I'm having trouble understanding equivalent fractions. I'm getting ...
- Math - Everett is reading a book for his language arts class. He read 1/3 of the...
- 3 grade math ms sue - 1-Explain how you can use a number line to show that 3/6 ...
- ordering numbers fractions - find equivalent fractions with a common denominator...
- equivalent fractions and the numberline - Draw a number line to show how are ...
- math - Arrange the fractions in ascending order. Or, if the fractions are ...
- Math - Prompt. Use equivalent fractions to order therse fractions from least to ...
- math - Separate the fractions 2/6,2/5,6/13,1/25,7/8and 9/29into two categories: ...
- KUAI HELP! - 4/75, 2r/25, r/125 -1/x, 2/xy, x/y 1/a, 1/b write fractions as ...