Posted by Anonymous on Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 12:08am.
Solve, what is the easiest way to solve this equation?
Thanks, in advance..
college algebra - saiko, Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 2:54am
I am solving the first one.....second one you can try yourself.
this can be written,
as x^2 is always +ve
so to be -ve,
we see that
it comes as -1.2<x<1.2
next we will see if there is some integer solution.
at x=1 and x=-1
the function has its value 0
so x=1 and x=-1 are solution to the equation.
next we will see if there is some maxima or minima in this func,(9x^4+4-13x^2)
and taking it =0,
the func. has minima at +sqrt(13/18), -sqrt(13/18)
and at x=+1, x=-1 it has value 0,
so the another solutions are
x=1-2*sqrt(13/18) and x=-1+2*sqrt(13/18)
these are 4 solutions.
Ask me if you have any doubt.
college algebra - drwls, Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 3:02am
There are two equations there.
In the first one, let y = x^2 and solve the quadratic.
9y^2 -13y +4 = 0
(y -1)(9y-4) = 0
y = 1 or 4/9
x = sqrt(y) = +/-1 and +/-2/3
In the second one, let y = x^3 and again solve the quadratic.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- intermidate algebra - Solve each equadratic equation by factoring. 6^2-13x-28 36...
- Algebra - Can you pleas Solve the quadric equation step by step 4x square =13x+...
- Algebra - Hello all - I would like to check my work on 2 problems. Solve by ...
- Substitution Method-Plz help - Use the Substitution method to solve the system ...
- Algebra - Can someone verify if my answers are correct? Solve. 1/x+6-1/x-6 My ...
- college algebra - Solve equation |x+3|=|2-x| Not sure which way to go to solve. ...
- college math 209 - solve the equation (x+4)^2=2x^+19x+46
- algebra - 1)Solve by factoring:5x^2=4-19x answer=-4,1/5 2)Which quadratic ...
- Math - Factor the polynomial P(x)=x^3-2x^2-13x-10. Then solve the equation P(x)=...
- Math - What is the easiest way to solve an algebraic equation?