Posted by Annie on Monday, March 18, 2013 at 11:01am.
Riverside oil company in eastern Kentucky produces 3 different grades of gasoline. They are regular, premium, and supreme grades. Each barrel of regular grade sells for $82 while premium grade sells for $88 per barrel and supreme grade sells for $89 per barrel. Petroleum component A, B, and C are purchased to be blended together for the production of three different grades of gasoline. The availability and cost of petroleum components A, B, and C are given in the following table.
Cost per Barrel
Also, the blending specifications for these three grades of gasoline are as follows:
at least 25% of A; no more than 30% of B; no restriction on C
at least 35% of B; no restriction on A and C
no more than 25% of A; no restriction on B; at least 50% on C
Our goal is to maximize the profit from this production process.
a.List the linear program for this problem.
b.Use "Management Scientist" software to solve the program and report your optimal way to blend these three petroleum components for production.
c.What is the maximized profit?
Use Only a WORD file as attachment to submit your assignment. Only one attachment file (a WORD file) can be submitted for grading. You do NOT need to send in your working file from the software "Management Scientist".
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Linear Programming - Riverside oil company in eastern Kentucky produces 3 ...
- management science - Riverside Oil Company in eastern Kentucky produces regular ...
- Linear programming - Riverside Oil Company in eastern Kentucky produces regular ...
- algebra - Kevin decides to mix grades of gasoline in his truck. He puts in 5 ...
- College Algebra - Maria Mixed grades of gasoline in her car, she puts 10 gallon ...
- Math - I'm having a hard time coming up with the right equation to solve this ...
- Math/Management - FuelMotion is an oil company that owns two oil processing ...
- math - Ez stop fast gas sold 10957 worth of gasoline yesterday. Redular grade ...
- math - E-Z Stop Fast Gas sold $10,957 worth of gasoline yesterday. Regular sold ...
- 11 grade algebra - I buy 20 gallons of gas, 15 premium and 5 regular. Regular ...