posted by adex on .
Construct the correct structure for AsClF42-.
Please construct the molecule such that the dipole is oriented vertically up or vertically down.
- Name the type of hybrid orbitals the central atom forms.
- Name the molecular geometry of the compound.
- State whether the molecule is polar or non-polar.
- Which of the following provides the best estimate of the Cl-As-F bond angle in this molecule? (Note that all numbers are in degrees.)
- Calculate the maximum wavelength, λ, of electromagnetic radiation capable of breaking the weakest bond in of AsClF42-.
Bond Energies (kJ/mol): As-As 180; F-F 160; Cl-Cl 240.
Enter the numerical value of λ in meters: