Posted by Delilah on Sunday, March 17, 2013 at 7:20pm.
Ferns have roots, stems, and leaves just like seed plants. Why are they classified separately? (1 point)
Their leaves are compound and feathery.
They produce cones to reproduce.
Their roots are only shallow rhizomes.
They produce spores instead of seeds.
The first plants to grow in new environments are usually ____. (1 point)
ferns and horsetails
liverworts and mosses
mosses and ferns
Roots have all of the following functions EXCEPT to ______. (1 point)
anchor the plant
Nonvascular plants get water and nutrients through ____. (1 point)
2. They produce spores instead of seeds.
3. mosses and ferns
4. store food
5. cell absorption
- Science ASAP - Kaylin, Sunday, March 17, 2013 at 7:25pm
4. make food
Roots do store food. An example is a potato. We eat the root, not the plant.
- Science ASAP - Nathan, Wednesday, March 27, 2013 at 4:30pm
yeah i would agree with kaylin
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- science help ASAP please - 1. Angiosperms have organs such as ______________ and...
- Biology - Angiosperms (flowering plants) are the largest Phylum in the Plant ...
- Biology - Angiosperms (flowering plants) are the largest phylum in the plant ...
- Science NOT A QUIZ - 1. __________ is/are NOT an angiosperm because it does not ...
- Science Check Thank You - 1. __________ is/are NOT an angiosperm because it does...
- AP Biology - Plants have three basic organs, roots stems and leaves. Describe in...
- Science ASAP - 1. Angiosperms have organs such as ______________ and produce ...
- Biology - 1. In a plantís stem, the vascular tissue (1 point) is always arranged...
- science review - since tomorrow is my test. Please check: seed coat- skin ...
- science(biology) - state three secondary functions of roots,stems and leaves