Posted by wan on Saturday, March 16, 2013 at 7:14am.
when you reverse the digits of the number 13,the number increases by 18.how many other 2digit numbers increase by 18 when their digits are reversed ?
- math - Reiny, Saturday, March 16, 2013 at 7:48am
let the unit digit be x and the tens digit be y
then the number is 10y + x
and the number reversed would be 10x + y
but 10x + y - (10y + x) = 18
9x - 9y = 18
x-y = 2
this works for:
3,1 ---> our given case
if x=7, y = 5
the original number was 57
number reversed 75
and 75 - 57 = 18
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- math - You have 2 digits, 2 numbers, reverse digits and 54 if the difference and...
- math ALGEBRA - When the digits of two-digits numbers are reversed, the new ...
- Math - What do the digits in the number 15 add up to? Answer 1+5=___. Using ...
- maths - The product of the digits of a positive two-digit number exceeds the sum...
- math - The sum of the digits of a two-digit number is 16. If the digits are ...
- math - A number consist of two digits whose sum is 8. if 18 is added to the ...
- math - a number consists of two digits whose sum is 8.if 8 is added to the ...
- math - While adding ten two-digit numbers the digits of one of the numbers were ...
- math - A certain number between 10 and 100 is 8 times the sum of its digits, and...
- math - the sum of the digits of a two digit number is 9. if the digits are ...